Related Posts with Thumbnails

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Wild Rice and Chicken Casserole



This has become an all time favorite of my family.  Davene had gotten it from a friend of hers and made it for us when I had our youngest last year.  We really enjoyed this recipe and everyone is excited when they know I'm making it for dinner!

6 oz. Wild Rice
1 c. Chicken Broth
10 oz. French Style Green Beans
2 c. cubed, cooked Chicken
1 can Cream of Celery Soup
1/2 c. Mayo
1 can Water Chestnuts, drained (optional)
1 can French Fried Onions-to top with

Prepare wild rice as instructed on the box, replacing one cup of water with one cup of broth.  When rice is completed, combine all the ingredients together, except the french fried onions.  Top with the french fried onions.  Bake at 350 for 35 minutes.

2 people are talking about food:

Lisa May 18, 2010 11:34 AM  

This is a new favorite at our house! Gooood stuff!! The French fried onions on top are perfect.

Davene May 20, 2010 12:08 PM  

Ceci, I'm so glad you liked it that much! :) Now I'm hungry for it, but it doesn't come up in my menu rotation for another couple weeks. I just might have to "cheat" and switch it with something else so I can make it sooner. :)

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP