Related Posts with Thumbnails

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Garithes Yiouvetsi


I don't know where I got this recipe, but have had it for a while.  I made it before I was married to my hubby and enjoyed it then.  I was anxious to make it again.  There has been some hesitancy to make this since it does call for 2 lbs of shrimp.  But once in a while you must indulge!  :-)

4 Tbsp Olive Oil
1 medium Onion, finely chopped
3/4 c. Green Onion, chopped
2 cloves of Garlic
2 c. Tomatoes, chopped & peeled
1/2 c. Dry White Wine
1/4 c. Chopped Fresh Parsley
1 Tbsp Chopped fresh Oregano
Salt & Pepper to taste
2 lbs. Large uncooked shrimp, peeled
4 oz. Feta Cheese, crumbled

Saute the onion in the olive oil, then stir in the green onion and garlic stirring frequently for 2 minutes.  Then stir in the tomatoes, wine, parsley, oregano, salt, & pepper.  Simmer gently for 30 minutes.  After you are done simmering add the shrimp.  You can cook the shrimp 1 of two ways.  The recipe calls for you to bake the shrimp at 500 degrees for 10-15 minutes.  Or you could add to the mixture after it has simmered for 30 minutes and cook the shrimp till it is done.  I put the shrimp in the mixture and cooked it that way this time and it was definitely very flavorful.

Place the shrimp on a plate and top with Feta cheese.  I also added Gluten Free Feta noodles to it and it was very good!

0 people are talking about food:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP