Related Posts with Thumbnails

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Cha Cha's White Chicken Chili



I found this recipe on allrecipes.com.  My family has really enjoyed this, even my meat lovin' hubby.  I will post some alterations below.

1 Tbsp Olive Oil
1 Onion, chopped
3 cloves Garlic, crushed
2 oz.-chopped Green Chile Peppers
2 tsp. Ground Cumin
1 tsp. Dried Oregano
1/2 tsp. Cayenne Pepper, ground
2 (14.5) cans of Chicken Broth
3 c. chopped/cooked Chicken breasts
3 (15 oz.) cans of White Beans
Shredded Monterey Jack/Cheddar Cheese

Take olive oil and oil and cook till onions are tender.  Then add garlic, chile peppers, cumin, oregano, & cayenne pepper.  Cook till tender.  Then mix in the broth, chicken, and white beans and simmer 15 or more minutes.  Right before serving, top each person's bowl with cheese.

Ceci's alterations:  My family does not care for how spicy the cayenne makes it.  I just put a pinch in, which is just the right amount for our family.  So use the cayenne pepper according to the tastes of your family.  Overall a VERY GOOD soup!!!

0 people are talking about food:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP